Participant Questions

  • Expand All
  • What can I do to ensure I get the full amount of benefits coming to me when I retire?

    An annual statement that shows all of the hours reported on your behalf is mailed to you each year. Review this statement, comparing it to your check stubs each year, to verify that all hours you worked have been reported. If hours have not been reported correctly, you should send copies of your check stubs to the Administration Office so that we can adjust your account accordingly. This comparison can also be done each month via the Trust website.

  • What are my responsibilities regarding my pension benefits?

    You are required to notify the Administration Office of changes or corrections to the following:

    • Birth Date
    • Address changes
    • Name changes
    • Marital Status changes (marriage, divorce, death of spouse)

  • Can I add money to my pension Plan?

    No, your employer pays contributions for every hour you work (per your collective bargaining agreement) to finance the Plan. No contributions are required by or permitted from you.

  • When I become deceased, will my spouse automatically get my pension benefits?

    • Pre-Retirement Death benefits are dependent upon your age and Vesting Credits at the time of death.
    • If you retired prior to your death, any Death benefits will be paid based upon the form of benefit you elected at your retirement.
    • Contact the Administration Office for more details on your death benefits.

  • Can I withdraw my pension benefits if I have a financial hardship?

    No, these pension benefits are payable once you reach the age and service requirements and retire. They are generally a monthly benefit payable for your lifetime.

Retirement Questions

General Questions